A 43-year-old man from El Paso, Texas, died after being electrocuted in a Jacuzzi at a Mexican resort, local officials announced Wednesday.

The incident occurred Tuesday around 8:30 p.m. in the pool area of a private condominium complex at the Puerto Peñasco resort. The man was in the Jacuzzi with another person when both were shocked, according to a statement on Facebook from the attorney general’s office for the state of Sonora.

The woman with him was taken to the U.S. and remains in critical condition with life-threatening injuries, as reported by NBC affiliate KTSM of El Paso.

Texas Tourist Dies in Electrocution Incident at Mexican Resort
The incident occurred at the Sonoran Spa Resort in Puerto Peñasco, Mexico

Faulty wiring is suspected to be the cause of the electrocution, according to the attorney general’s office. Video footage shows onlookers screaming and crowding around the Jacuzzi while someone performs chest compressions on a person lying on the ground.

Expert services personnel are investigating the origin of the “electrical failure” and will provide further details later, the Sonora AG’s office stated.